Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Little Miracle!

Hey Everyone!

Mauri gave me the idea to start a blog so that she could stay up-to-date on my pregnancy and our baby plans, appointments, stories, etc.  I thought it was a great idea for all our friends and family to walk through this journey with us!

For those of you that don't know how and when we found out, here goes!

Julie & Jansen's Wedding Weekend in Tennessee
Rudi & I traveled to TN to see one of my good friends, Julie, get married the weekend of January 28th.  We had a FABULOUS weekend meeting back up with all my Atlanta friends and watching Julie marry Jansen!  In true ATL-style, we were not at a loss for a little partying and drinking over the weekend.  Friday night was a very fun night and I wasn't feeling so hot on Saturday.  I just figured I was getting old and I'd be fine before the wedding started.  Unfortunately, it did not wear off and I took it (somewhat) easy on Saturday night.  Rudi, however, felt great and partied it up again on Saturday night.  We had to head back to Ohio on Sunday.  I drove and Rudi recovered in the passenger seat.  I couldn't wait for the 6 hour drive to be over for more than one reason.  When I got home, I decided to go upstairs and take a pregnancy test.  Since we'd been trying, I knew that I was a day late, so why not give it a shot.  Rudi was still downstairs unpacking the car.  As I sat upstairs staring at the pregnancy test, my hands began to shake and I couldn't believe my eyes!!  The test was DEFINITELY turning to a POSITIVE!  Holy crap!  I was so excited and still shaking I ran downstairs to tell Rudi the good news.  Exhausted from the fun weekend and long drive, he was excited, but still needed a few minutes to "process" the news! I think it took a minute to sink in what I had just told him, but we were so happy, I was crying, we were hugging, and it was finally here....WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!  Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment