Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baby Girl @ 20 Weeks!

Our 20 week check-up was on Monday May 23rd!  We were so excited as it was the day we were finding out the gender of the baby.  We were 99.9% certain is was a boy.  Probably because Rudi was wishing SO hard for a boy, then the Drano test said it was going to be a boy, then the Chinese Lunar calendar said it was going to be a boy.  Plus, a lot of people guessed boy over girl.  Here is a belly picture of me at 20 weeks.  I swear it's only been a little over a week, but I am already getting bigger and it feels like the baby is taking up every inch of space...good news is the baby is growing!!


The doctors appointment was awesome as Dr. Vanek showed us many photos of the baby as she was checking and measuring.  We got to see it's little lips, the kidneys, the heart beating, etc.  The baby was measuring great and the due date is still as expected - October 8th!  Here you can see some of the photos, too - The top one is the foot, the next the hand, and the last two are of the face.  




Dr. Vanek made us turn our heads while she determined the sex of the baby.  As most of you know from the Facebook video, we had the doctors office call our local baker and only tell the baker what it was.  The baker was then told to make a cake with white icing and either pink or blue batter! Well, during the appointment, the baby was being difficult (Rudi mentioned "just like it's mom") and each time she would try and get a peak, the baby would move it's feet over the private area.  The doctor had to shake my stomach around (with a full bladder) about 8 times to finally figure out what it was.  She said she has only been wrong once in 13 years!  After determining the sex, she said she was going to get one more face picture for us.  It was so cute because the baby then put her arms in an X over her face!  Awww...the doctor embarrassed her by checking out her private parts!  Good girl.  


Apparently this picture shows that it's a girl. :)  I am glad the doctor knows what she is looking for!  If you want a visual at what you are looking at, you are basically looking at it from her behind.  The arrow is pointing to the "girl" part.  Those two spots on the left hand side are her feet, which she kept putting in front of her area to hide!

For those of you that weren't able to see the video on Facebook, I will attach it below.  It was so fun as Shelley, Rob, Ryleigh, Alex, Presley, & Dylan were in town, Mom, Dad, Ash, Louis, Kathy, Harriett & Rick Evans, and Karen Decker were all over for the big reveal!  We had all just gotten back from dad's retirement reception at State Farm.  It was such a great weekend and great day!  It was awesome to have the two grandpas cut the cake and announce if it was a boy or a girl!  I think the only one disappointed was Alex.  Poor kid is the only boy...he just doesn't know yet how exciting it will be to have his sisters and cousins friends over!  Pick of the litter - and of all ages!!  Lucky kid! It was such a fun way to find out what we were having!  I had waited all day.  From our appointment at 9:15AM to finally cutting the cake around 7:30PM!  We were ready!  It was typical Curl Chaotic, but such a blast and I am so blessed to have so many people there to be a part of it!  


Rudi & I went to Buy Buy Baby on Monday.  Oh boy was that overwhelming! There is so much to think about, so much to get!  We made it about a little over an hour in there before we wanted to burst.  We will definitely be making more trips back to check out more things!  And I will definitely be taking one of my mom friends with me the next time to help me pick through the thousands of different items available out there.  For those moms that are reading this...what is one thing you couldn't live without?  ONE.  :)  I'd love to see your input!

Until next time!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the video!  This pregnancy has been so much fun and I've enjoyed every minute.  I hope that the rest of the pregnancy AND the labor continue to be this easy (I am sure I probably just jinxed myself somehow, but I'll take my chances!)!

XOXO, 
Leigh Ann, Rudi, and Miss Harper Grace!

4 comments:

  1. Asa had a seat that vibrated - put him to sleep everytime! That would be my ONE must have for your list.

    Enjoy this awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A swing of course:) That was Jake and mom's fav:) I am so excited for Miss Harper and I can't wait to help you shop for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medela Breast pump. Get the best pump you can afford (if you're breast feeding!). Godsend.

    If not, I'd go with the seat Melissa mentioned. We had the same one. I'll email you a link.

    So exciting!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love her name!! You have to get a Baby Bjorn....both of my boys lived in it and I loved having my hands free

    ReplyDelete